hilldqks posted 3 months ago...
But now that the reports recommendations to stop future mistakes in the drug supply chain have been embraced by Ontarios Ministry here. of Health and Hospitals, Health Canada must also support its role in proactive change. While its still early days, Ottawas silence on such an important issue is worrisome. As the Stars Diana Zlomislic and Tim Alamenciak report, ministry-appointed pharmacist Jake Thiessen recommended that Health Canada oversee all unlicensed companies that supply pre-mixed drugs to hospitals. Given the importance of these contracted-out health-care services across the country, federal government supervision makes very good sense. Health Canada should detail its plans to bring accountability to the increasing number of private companies hired to mix drugs for hospitals. Indeed, as a Star investigation discovered, a regulatory gap allowed these companies to operate without any federal or provincial oversight because each government believed the other was doing the job. It was a shocking lack of oversight.
CANADA STOCKS-TSX drops on Fed worries, posts third straight weekly drop
See More Man hunt stretching from canada to mexico now zeroing in on a rugged mountain. The fbi in force. Gio benitez has been tracking the race to find a missing girl and the suspect. Reporter: A desperate search under way in a idaho wilderness area. The u.S.
Canada Loses 39,400 Jobs in July as Government Hires Wane
The government - which has a policy of trying to increase wireless competition - expects to raise billions of dollars from the January 2014 auction of the spectrum that telecoms companies need to operate their wireless services. "We have every intention of continuing that policy in the interests of Canadian consumers and the broad Canadian public, including proceeding with the auction as we have laid out for some time," Harper told reporters in Miramichi, New Brunswick. Under Kim Kardashian the rules of the auction, Canada's three dominant players - Rogers Communications Inc, BCE Inc and Telus Corp - may each only bid for one of four prime blocks of spectrum, while other companies may bid for two apiece. The big three, already unhappy that Verizon may be set up a Canadian operation, say the auction rules would unfairly favor the U.S. company. They have launched a high-profile public relations campaign to persuade Ottawa to change its mind. "I understand full well where some official website of these big companies are coming from.
Manhunt for James DiMaggio Stretches from Canada to Mexico
The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index closed down 10.79 points, or 0.09 percent, at 12,542.13. The index lost 0.5 percent for the week. Hit by volatile commodity prices, the resource-sensitive Canadian market is barely positive for the year, offering a strong contrast to record-setting gains in U.S. stocks. "We don't think sentiment is quite yet where we would like to be in order to drive multiple expansion," Kshatriya said. He expects the Canadian index to end the year at 12,400 and sees few near-term catalysts.
Canada PM brushes off protests, says spectrum auction to proceed
According to Imperial Oil's press release on the transaction, Imperial Oil is acquiring a 27.5% stake, while ExxonMobil Canada is purchasing the remaining 72.5%. ExxonMobil Canada will reduce its stake to become an equal partner with Imperial Oil once ExxonMobil brings on a third partner. Clyden is a 226,000-net-acre area of undeveloped land in the Athabasca oil sands region of Alberta, Canada, http://poxelee8.livejournal.com/2091.html close to Imperial's existing Corner lease holdings. Imperial highlights the land's amenability to an in-situ recovery technique called steam-assisted gravity drainage. ConocoPhillips characterizes the sale as part of its efforts to rebalance its oil sands portfolio.ConocoPhillips currently holds approximately 1.1 million net acres of land in the Athabasca Region of northeastern Alberta. Including this transaction, ConocoPhillips has announced expected proceeds of approximately $13.5 billion from the sale of nonstrategic assets as part of its 2012-13 asset disposition program.
ConocoPhillips Selling Canada Oil Sands Assets
in Toronto, from as high as C$1.0289 immediately before the report. One Canadian dollar buys 96.64 U.S. cents. Bonds rose, driving the benchmark 10-year yield lower by two basis points to 2.48 percent. Employment for youths between ages more... of 15 and 24 fell by 45,600, while public-sector employment declined by 74,000.